FIGHT YOUR TRAFFIC TICKET?
Speeding Demerits & Fines
We are the first firm of independent paralegals to offer legal services in Canada. We fight for you!
♦ 1-19km/h over the speed limit is a $2.50/km speeding fine
♦ 20-29km/h over the speed limit is a $3.75/km speeding fine
♦ 30-49km/h over the speed limit is a $6.00/km speeding fine
♦ 50+ km/h over the speed limit comes with a court decided fine.
♦ Total payable includes set fine, applicable victim fine surcharge and costs.
Text Your Ticket
Text a clear image of the traffic ticket and your driver's licence to (905) 903-0260
A POINTTS™ Traffic Ticket Specialist will review your ticket(s) and/or summons.
Fight Your Ticket
You retain POINTTS™ The Traffic Ticket Specialists to fight your ticket in court. We do our utmost to get you the best possible outcome.
Any speeding ticket for more than 29km/h has a licence suspension for G1 Drivers.
As a new driver, if you have:
- speeding 0-15km/h
- no demerit points
- insurance increase of fifty (50) percent or more
- speeding 16km/h to 29km/h
- three (3) demerit points
- insurance increase of fifty (50) percent or more
- speeding more than 30km/h
- 4 demerit points
- 30 day licence suspension
- 100% insurance increase
- speeding more than 50 km/h
- 6 demerit points
- vehicle seizure for 7 days
- immediate licence suspension for 7 days
- mandatory court appearance
- possible 2 year licence suspension
- possible jail up to 6 months
- fine up to 10,000 dollars
Although the Highway Traffic Act states different amounts, police officers are required to issue traffic tickets with the proper fines, set by the Chief Justice of Ontario.
Where the wrong fine has been used, the court may consider the mistake a fatal error and cancel, dismiss or quashed the ticket. For traffic tickets in Construction Zones or Community Safety Zones the officer may double the fine.
Demerit points stay on your record for two years from the offence date. If you collect enough points, you can lose your driver’s licence.
When your licence is suspended, you will get a letter from the Ministry of Transportation. It will tell you the date your suspension takes effect and that you need to surrender your licence. If you do not surrender your licence, you can lose your licence for up to two years.
We provide our clients with the best defence for all traffic tickets in Ontario & Manitoba.
If you are a novice driver and have committed an offence resulting in demerit points, you may also receive a licence suspension or cancellation under Ontario’s escalating penalties program.
7 Demerit Points:
- failing to remain at the scene of a collision
- failing to stop when signaled or asked by a police officer
4 Demerit Points:
- exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/hour
- following too closely
6 Demerit Points:
- careless driving
- exceeding the speed limit by 50 km/hour or more
- failing to stop for a school bus
3 Demerit Points:
- driving while holding or using a hand-held wireless communications or entertainment device
- driving while viewing a display screen unrelated to the driving task
- exceeding the speed limit by 16 to 29 km/hour
- driving through, around or under a railway crossing barrier
- driving the wrong way on a divided road
- driving or operating a vehicle on a closed road
- failing to yield the right-of-way
- failing to obey a stop sign, traffic control stop/slow sign, traffic light or railway crossing signal
- failing to obey the directions of a police officer
- failing to report a collision to a police officer
- failing to slow and carefully pass a stopped emergency vehicle or a tow truck with its amber lights flashing
- failing to move, where possible, into another lane when passing a stopped emergency vehicle or a tow truck with its amber lights flashing
- improper passing
- improper driving when road is divided into lanes
- improper use of a high occupancy vehicle lane
- going the wrong way on a one-way road
- crossing a divided road where no proper crossing is provided
- crowding the driver’s seat
5 Demerit Points:
- failing to stop at an unprotected railway crossing (for bus drivers only)
2 Demerit Points:
- improper right turn
- improper left turn
- improper opening of a vehicle door
- prohibited turns
- towing people — on toboggans, bicycles, skis
- unnecessary slow driving
- backing on highway
- failing to lower headlamp beams
- failing to obey signs
- failing to stop at a pedestrian crossing
- failing to share the road
- failing to signal
- driver failing to wear a seat belt
- driver failing to ensure infant/ child passenger is properly secured in an appropriate child restraint system or booster seat
- driver failing to ensure that a passenger less than 23 kg is properly secured
- driver failing to ensure that a passenger under 16 years is wearing a seat belt
Our Clients Love Us
“I shopped around with a few known Traffic Ticket Paralegals and chose POINTTS™ Traffic Tickets because they listened to me and gave me clear options. There were no false promises and nor did they give me any hopes. I want to thank them for getting my charges dismissed and saving my demerits. I will recommend POINTTS™ to anyone who has received a Traffic Ticket and wants to fight it.”
“I have given five stars as the service I received from POINTTS™ was excellent. I was professionally and expertly guided and nothing was too much trouble in answering my questions. My contact was very kind and my traffic charge severely reduced. Thank you POINTTS™. I appreciate the service POINTTS™ provided and am very relieved with the outcome. You can be sure that I will recommend your services to others.”
“I called POINTTS™ and spoke with one representative and she was wonderful. They are very helpful, honest and are efficient with their communications. The representative that I had really did get me the best outcome possible given my situation. I would definitely choose them over X-Copper. That amazing!! 10 stars out of 5! Thank you so much. Hopefully won’t need your services in the future, but if I do there will be no hesitation.”
WHO ARE WE?
POINTTS™ Paralegals are licensed by the Law Society of Ontario. For over 34 groundbreaking years, POINTTS™ (Provincial Offences Information and Traffic Ticket Service) has been committed to providing quality legal representation to over a million satisfied clients.
We mean it when we say on your side….by your side!
WHO IS SHELINA LALJI?
In 2015, Shelina founded Shelina Lalji Professional Corporation and became the Master Franchisee of POINTTS™, both in Ontario and Manitoba.